24.5.14

GRINGO chilli + black bean + guac + bacon + egg breakfast sandwich



So I went to a rave last weekend, and as it turns out, I LOVE RAVES. Which is what I texted to at least 5 people still half in a stupor then next day. At first, when my roommate invited me, I was like "What am I going to do at a rave?" I hate repetitive electronic music, and I don't do M. But I'm usually down for something new, especially on a Sunday night of a long weekend, with no good shows on. As it turns out, I've been to several raves, while in Berlin. I don't know why I was expecting any more nonsense than some floodlights in an empty factory unit. I don't even remember what the music sounded like, I just know that I got in, my brain shut off, and I danced. And may or may not have danced with a super babely dude who actually gave me the idea for this sandwich many weeks ago, while comparing hangover breakfasts of the day. All in all, I learned something about myself, which is that my life could use more raves, and defo more harmless makeouts. They're like, at least as good as elaborate breakfasts sandwiches. Was definitely buzzing from all of it all day. YAY RAVES.


bread (Queen St Gluten Free Bakery romano bean bread)
fried egg
bacon
guac
black beans
tomato
onion
garlic
green onion
chilli sauce
cilantro
lime
butter


This one was not the most simple, really easy, but a bit of prep involved. The first thing I did was make some guac. I cubed half an avocado, squeezed half a large lime, then diced half a clove of garlic, and added it raw. Mash that around, then add a bit of cilantro and green onion for more bite. Let it sit, so the flavours can settle.


Then I chopped and caramelized some onion. Threw in some black beans, and some diced tomato, let it simmer in the pan for 10 minutes. 



Fry up the bacon, and be sure to save the fat for pan toasting the bread. Fry the egg in some butter, and you're ready to throw it all together. Don't forget lots of hot chilli sauce, and more cilantro to top it off.









And no, I did not make anything remotely like this post-rave. I think I was lucky if I was sane enough to boil some pho. But god damn, I want someone to make me one of these right now.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Awesome recipe! Just discovered your blog and I love it <3

    ReplyDelete